Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the inability to obtain or keep an erection firm for sexual intercourse. This is often referred to as impotence, although the term is now used less frequently.
Well, Erectile Dysfunction is not uncommon. Many men experience it in times of stress in their life. Repeated ED can be a sign of health problems that require treatment. It can also be a sign of emotional or relationship difficulties that may need to be addressed by a professional.
Note- ED that happens continuously with sex is not normal and should be treated.
Why did Erectile Dysfunction Happen?
- Mostly when there is limited blood flow to the penis or damage to the veins.
- With stress or sometimes emotional reasons.
- As an early warning of a more serious disease, such as high blood sugar from atherosclerosis (hardened or blocked arteries), heart disease, high blood pressure, or even diabetes.
What Causes An Erection?
ED can be caused by problems at any stage of the erection process. An erection is the result of increased blood flow to your penis. Blood flow is usually stimulated by either sexual thoughts by the men or either direct contact with your penis.
When a man is sexually aroused, the muscles in the penis relax. It increases the flow of blood through the arteries of the penis, thereby filling two chambers made of spongy muscle tissue inside the penis and as the chambers fill with blood, the penis hardens.
The erection stops when there is a contraction in the muscles and the coagulated blood can exit the penis veins.
What Are The Causes Of Erectile Dysfunction?
There are numbers of causes of Erectile Dysfunction which can be related to both physical and emotional conditions-
- You are more than 50
- Relationship Issues
- Using drugs or drinking too much alcohol
- Your sleep disorders
- Your health problems
- Peyronie’s Disease- It causes scar tissue to develop in the penis
- High blood pressure
- Kidney problems and stress
Erectile Dysfunction Symptoms
- Not able to get erection properly
- Reduce interest in sex
- Able to get an erection but not having last enough last long sex
Go to the doctor and consult about it because ED is a symptom of a health-related problem.
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
There are main 5 types of treatment of Erectile Dysfunction–
1- Vacuum Pumps
This treatment utilizes the creation of a vacuum to stimulate an erection in the penis. With the help of the Vaccum Pump, the blood is drawn into the penis as the device is used, creating an erection.
A vacuum pump device consists of a few different parts-
- A plastic tube that you place on top of your penis.
- A pump that works by creating a vacuum by pulling air from a plastic tube.
- An elastic ring, which you will move to the base of your penis as soon as you remove the plastic tube. The elastic ring serves to maintain erection, captures blood in the penis, and prevents it from returning to circulation and this can be left for 30 minutes.
2- Oral Drugs ( PDE5 Inhibitors )
Drugs known as PDE type-5 inhibitors increase penile blood flow. These are the only oral specialists affirmed in the U.S. by the Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of ED.
Viagra ® (sildenafil citrate)
Levitra ® (vardenafil HCl)
Cialis ® (tadalafil)
Stendra ® (avanafil)
For best outcomes, men with ED take these pills about a little while before having intercourse. The medications require ordinary nerve capacity to the penis.
PDE5 inhibitors enhance typical erectile reactions assisting blood with streaming into the penis. Utilize these medications as coordinated. Around 7 out of 10 men improve erections. Reaction rates are lower for Diabetics and disease patients.
On the off chance that you are taking nitrates for your heart, you SHOULD NOT take any PDE5 inhibitors. Continuously talk with your medical care supplier before utilizing a PDE5 inhibitor to figure out what it may mean for your wellbeing.
Regularly, the side effects of PDE5 inhibitors are gentle and frequently last a brief timeframe. The most widely recognized results are:
- Stodgy nose
- Facial flushing
- Muscle throbs
- Digestion problem
In uncommon cases, the drug Viagra ® can make the blue-green concealing vision that goes on for a brief timeframe. The drug Cialis ® can cause or increase back pain or hurting muscles toward the back.
Much of the time, the side effects are connected to PDE5 inhibitor consequences for different tissues in the body, which means they are attempting to expand the bloodstream to your penis and simultaneously affecting other vascular tissues in your body. These are not allergic reactions.
3- The use of Testosterone therapy
In those rare cases where low sex drive and low blood levels of testosterone are responsible for ED, testosterone therapy may correct normal erections or when combined with Erectile Dysfunction ED drugs (PDE type 5 inhibitors).
4- Surgical Treatment/Penile Implant
The main surgical treatment of ED involves the insertion of a penile implant (also known as a penile prosthesis). As penile vascular surgery has not been recommended for aging men who have failed oral PDE5 inhibitors, ICI, or IU therapy, transplantation is the next step for these patients to get relief.
Although the placement of a penile implant is a surgery that carries risks and with that, they have the highest rates of success and satisfaction among ED treatment options.
Penile implants are devices that are placed completely inside your body. They form a rigid penis that allows you to have normal sex. It is an excellent option to improve seamless intimacy and make relationships more comfortable.
5- Talk Therapy with the doctor might help
The doctor will ask your stress factor, what you feel about sex, or some personal reasons that are affecting your sexual relations. Talk Therapy works when a person is emotionally imbalanced.
How To Maintain Good Health In Erectile Dysfunction
ED is regularly identified with issues with the bloodstream. Maintaining your blood vessel health may be beneficial in both preventing and treating ED. This can be accomplished through settling on a certain way of life decisions, like eating a healthy diet.
Find these basic ways to help diminish your danger of creating ED:
- Deeply Focus on eating whole grains, vegetables, and fruits.
- Control your utilization of red meats, full-fat dairy, and processed sugars.
- Consume liquor moderately.
- A few explicit food varieties, from cocoa to watermelon, may assist with ED.
Erectile Dysfunction And Diabetes Relation
ED and diabetes can happen together. Indeed, the danger of creating ED is roughly 50 percent trusted Source in men who have diabetes. Yet, why would that be?
Diabetes influences how your body measures glucose. At the point when glucose isn’t put away accurately, overabundance glucose can be found in your blood, prompting high glucose. There are two significant kinds of diabetes: type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes.
Having high measures of sugar in your blood can prompt harm to the veins and nerves. This harm can likewise influence the veins and nerves situated around the penis, prompting challenges achieving or keeping an erection.
On the off chance that you have diabetes, it’s significant that you work with your primary care physician to monitor your glucose. This can assist with forestalling harm that can prompt ED. Investigate the association between ED and type 2 diabetes.
Risk Factors Related To Erectile Dysfunction
Many dangerous factors may improve your probability of treating ED. These danger factors are regularly identified with the bloodstream and flow. Other danger components can incorporate wounds.
One significant danger factor for ED is expanding age. As you become old you may find that it’s harder to get or keep an erection. You may likewise see that you may require more straightforward incitement to get an erection.
Extra danger factors for ED include:
- Having a medical condition like cardiovascular infection or diabetes.
- Having a mental condition like nervousness or depression.
- Having overweight, especially obesity.
- Supporting a physical issue to or having a medical procedure on your pelvic territory
- Taking certain drugs, for example, antidepressants or pulse prescriptions
- Going through explicit medical treatment, such as radiation treatment for cancer.
- Utilizing tobacco items, drugs, or alcohol.
FAQs Related to Erectile Dysfunction?
What is the main cause of Erectile Dysfunction?
The major physical causes of erectile dysfunction are related to circulation and blood pressure in the penis. Heart disease, atherosclerosis, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure can all affect the amount of blood flow to the penis. Diabetes is the main reason which contributes to erectile dysfunction by damaging your veins and blood vessels.
How do you fix ED?
- Adjusting the lifestyle and doing changes can improve many issues that cause ED, such as diabetes and clogged arteries.
- Pelvic floor exercises.
- Counseling or couples’ therapy.
- Herbal and alternative remedies can fix it.
- Medication and Doctor prescribed Drugs.
- Medication changes.
- Mechanical devices.
Is ED is curable?
There are various reasons for ED while some can be cured, others can’t. Yet, the uplifting news is you can regularly improve ED symptoms through some kind of treatment-
Curable causes of Erectile Dysfunction-
First, there are reversible reasons for ED. These are causes that can be handled and stopped. For example, Medications that cause ED as a result, cigarettes, DRUGS, or liquor.
ED can likewise be caused by being overweight, experiencing pressure, or having relationship troubles. Albeit these causes are harder to fix, on the off chance that you can lower your weight, improve your stress level, or discover methods of working through your relationship troubles, at that point your ED is probably going to disappear.
There are different reasons for ED which we’ll call “treatable”. These are conditions that can’t be cured (for instance, hormonal imbalances, depression, anxiety, high cholesterol) however they can improve when treated, and with that, the ED they cause regularly improves, as well.
Non Curable causes of Erectile Dysfunction-
These are those reasons for ED that can’t be reversed or treated yet that can be securely and effectively treated with ED prescription. Lastly, there are a couple of reasons for ED that can’t be cured and can’t be treated with ED prescriptions. Other treatments like surgery, implants, or injections may be an option in these cases.
Foods that help in longer and stronger erection?
There are a number of foods that can help in longer and stronger erection–
- Watermelon, papayas, and bananas- Enriched with potassium, watermelons, papayas, and bananas help smooth the blood flow by dilating arterioles. This thus helps in improved erection.
- Porridge- This not-so-tasty food is flooded with solvent fiber which keeps a check on cholesterol level and helps your veins to work easily.
- Salmon- Salmon contains omega-3 fatty acids which make the blood less sticky and improve your blood flow to all the body parts. You can likewise go for mackerel, trout, and fresh tuna. Eating them in any event like for2 weeks is useful for your general wellbeing.
- Nuts, milk, and cheese- These food sources contain zinc and are extraordinary good for the male sex hormone, testosterone. Testosterone is needed for a more extended and stronger erection. Subsequently, eat these food sources every day.
- Garlic and onion- Onions and garlic contain allicin, which helps in expanding the blood flow. Increased blood flow means better and improved erection.
- Dark chocolates- Another extraordinary nourishment for the harder erection is dark chocolate. Dark chocolates contain flavonoids, which additionally help in increased blood flow.
- Cherries- This little natural product, whenever eaten consistently, is effective in promoting health as it fights against free radicals and improves blood circulation. Cherries are loaded with anthocyanins, which secure your artery walls too. Berries, peaches, nectarines, and plums help in keeping your arteries healthy.
- Walnuts- Loaded with Omega 6 unsaturated fatty acids and arginine, walnuts help in the creation of nitric oxide. They loosen up arterioles and increase the blood flow.
Can decrease the consumption of alcohol helps in a good erection?
Some men are aware, comes with drinking too much — it does not help you build a strong boner. Experts also say that excessive consumption of alcohol can also lead to sexual dysfunction and problems in the long run. Therefore, it is a good idea to cut your alcohol habits and maintain a supportive balance. Reducing consumption can help deal with age-related erectile problems.
However, one drink, that doctors recommend men to eat has more of, it has to be caffeine. Tea and Coffee Lovers. It is said that caffeine enhances performance, relaxes muscles, and increases blood flow which can help you get better erections and even longer in bed. Try to stick to drinks that do not have extra additives or high sugar content in them for a better erection.